Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore fuel line in fuel tank?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hi all, replaceing a fuel pump in my mates vs v6 sedan in a few days, just wanting to know whats the best way to tackle that inline fuel hose if its brocken? do you have to really replace the tank? or can you change that hose without doing that? im not sure its stuffed or not but want to find out before i do it. if it is stuffed and i can replace that hose whats the best hose to use?

thanks

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the return line has come away from the swirl pot, its possible to get someone with small arms to fit a new hose and clamp it to the swirl pot using a jubilee type hose clamp. Someone on here actually got their kid to get their arm in there and fit the hose and clamp.. If the hose connector has been broken off the swirl pot, then the tank will need replacing.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
stupid desighn lol. me mate wants his pump replaced as its original and done over 350 000 k's.(car goes great though)

it has been playing up though when its like its starved of fuel and splutters and cant hear fuel pump. mainly when comming to a stop or taking off

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
just one more thing out of the way lol he gonna buy a cheap ebay one....LOL.. up to him

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON