Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who to goto for suspension

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
Hi,

I'm just wondering where people from brisbane went to get their suspension done.

I'm looking at getting everything done (springs-lowered, shocks-to suit lowering, new bushes all round, strut brace, sway bars, castor kit)... and just dont want to have it stuffed up by some dodgey bastard....

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any places in brisbane that are good.

Thanks.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i dont no bout up there, but in vic pedders or abs are the only ones i would reccomend

ss16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 SS A4
In Sydney I'd recommend Noltec. Pedders can be either very good or average at best depending on the staff working there. Had some hot/cold experiences with them.

A complete front end kit should include:
*offset neopherane strut tops
*strut brace for the front
*adjustable castor radius arms (aim for -6deg of castor)
*neopherane front bushes
*low springs can be used with FE2. Super lows can be used with FE2 but you should really be looking at lower struts.
*offset front swaybar bushes
*camber bolts if you must have more neg camber then -1 or so the above would give you. tramlining may increase though.

Rear I can't help you with as I have a ute and modded it to suit either empty of loaded with polyairbags and adjustable panhard rod only with superlows.

Needless to say the ride has improved (from the superlow springs change only previous owner has done), the steering response is finally what I expected as a minimum without tramlining. The ride is not what I would describe as comfy but definately sporty and precise.
Hope this helps.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Dont got to pedders!they will rip u off completely.what u should do is get all the parts u need from autobarn or somewhere like that and take them (and ur car obviously) to ur mechanic,if u have one,or ask around ppl u know for a reliable professional to fit the parts for u.
then all u gotta do is head to ur local tyre joint and get a wheel alignment and balance and ur sweet.u'll save heaps of $$$.

brenz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
The Suspension Centre, they are down in melb but every man and he's dog that has a P plate on there window has been there. No idea if they do a good job but i know they will do whatever you want, legal or illegal. Plus they have a very well known sticker that everyone has on there window :yeah:

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
He Wants Brisbane boys.....There is a place called "City Suspention" at Springwood. Not to sure what they do in the way of lowering work but they are very good at what they do and very affordable. it's worth giving them a ring. There in the yellow.....or white...????pages which ever it is.

brenz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Yeah i know he is in brisbane but for the guys that are looking for answers to the same question who aren't in brisbane maybe my post helped them.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
Repco - Ultra low king springs ( front n rear ) and monro GT shocks $540 installed my self, made a world of difference