Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tensioner pulley

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The pulleys you viewed are for series 1 (not 2) and only include the pulleys and bearings. There is NO tensioner pulley in the ones depicted on Ebay. At $69 plus postage and no come-back I'd reckon you can do better from SuperCheap/Repco etc....plus you can take them back if any problem.

D

dean18

hako said:
The pulleys you viewed are for series 1 (not 2) and only include the pulleys and bearings. There is NO tensioner pulley in the ones depicted on Ebay. At $69 plus postage and no come-back I'd reckon you can do better from SuperCheap/Repco etc....plus you can take them back if any problem.
I just installed mine in VR and cost me $25.00 they have universal ones it covers few models from GMH dealer chees Dean

pj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I sprayed mine down the back with crc, and put a socket and bar on it, and worked it a few times, and it fixed it, (i'll see for how long for soon), it's only a friction rattle, usually nothing wrong.

M

matty193

thanks hako and others, i will check out supercheap, etc, and see how i go, otherwise it's down to holden to pick up the part i guess.

any idea how much for the tensioner alone?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
What makes you think you need the tensioner? - they usually are only needed if the housing shatters or wear causes the pulley to be out of alignment. Don't forget the bolt on the tensioner pulley is LEFTHANDED.....the other 2 are normal. I think the tensioner is around $139 but thats just a guess.

M

matty193

From what i've read on other threads on this topic, my problem seems pretty consistent with everyone elses related to the tensioner: loud ticking, clicking, rattling sound direct from that area.

volotre

Reaction score
Members Ride
As often as possible
Take your belt off and give the pulley a spin by hand. If it's cactus you'll hear it. :thumbsup:

deano223

Reaction score
Dont take the belt off no need to ...if you want to see if the pully is stuffed get a screw driver and while the car is running put the screw driver on the suspect pulley (not the moving part :) ) and then put ur ear upto the screw driver and if you hear a bad grinding noise then i would bet it is your bearings :thumbsup:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
From your description it sounds like just the pulley bearing is stuffed...and if one is gone you can bet the others are on their way as well so probably best to replace all 3.