Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!! Guard Scrapping

V

VR-3800

hey guys,
iv got a vr 94 model and iv had a set of 17" roh fury's put on with 235-45 rubber on them,
iv mounted 2 10" subs in the boot and wen i drive sumtimes over a slight bump the left rear tyre scrapes on the guard but not the little lip that tucks up the side the actual upper guard, it did happen even without the subs in, only occurs sumtimes not all the time.
the main question is wat mods that are not gonna cost an arm and a leg can i do, i was thinking of an adjustable panhard rod but thats all i can come up with, ne help would b great coz i do wanna put a set of 18" eventually aswell.

i dont realy wanna roll the guards or wateva u's call it,
(ohh yea the car has been lowered with sum king springs its dropped bout 2 and a bit inch but theyre not superlows)

Last edited by a moderator:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
well, dropping it 2 odd inches is gonna do that. you could try getting shorter bumpstops. but there isnt much ride left after you drop it that far anyway.

id also look at freshening up all your bushes in the rear end, they most likely are 11 years old afterall.

adjustable panhard rod is a definate must when dropping it that far, but it will move the diff left or right, center it so the driveshaft is in correct spot to reduce friction.

V

VR-3800

thanx for the advice, i thought of doing the panhard rod,
wat r the bumpstops ur talking bout and i cant figure out why shorter stops would help, im confused

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
they are rubber blocks that stop the axle and diff itself from hitting the floor of the car. im assuming your cars not irs? because thats what im going by, havent had anything to do with irs myself.

yeh, sorry, i didnt think of that, they wouldnt stop it hitting the top of the wheelarch.

so yeah, get a panhard rod, and price redoing all the bushes i the rear end.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm,no irs and u've dumped it on sum 17's with kings.well u definately need the pan hard rod as well as some short travel shocks no doubt,also replacing the bushes would be benificial...all up (unless u can get it done real cheap by sumone u know) u'r lookin at $500 at least

brenz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
I love hearing that scraping it reminds me of how low the car actually is :yeah: :yeah:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
haha,yeah...full car of ppl and all your hearin is scrubbin over every lill bump.
too bad about the tyres though,haha.