Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Badges Or No Badges???

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
Hi all,

I recently got the whole front of my VR replaced lol bumper, bonnet and left guard cos some twit ran into me in a New Nissan Maxima his car came off second best lol my car bent the front of his car across so his was a write off but anyways im going off track...
yer so its all resprayed new but I'm not sure whether my car looks better with or without the badges i still have the back one on but i asked em to leave the front one off i gotta take it back for cut and polish in a month they said if i wanted they could either put the front one on or take the back one off for me.. my car already has the commodore and holden letters taken off the back by the previous owner lol so any advice would be great heres some pics of it with the badges and without

(the back one without badge i did with photoshop)

Attachments

• Image(349).jpg
    Image(349).jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 351
  • Image(290).jpg
    Image(290).jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 334
  • back badge.jpg
    back badge.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 306
  • no badge.jpg
    no badge.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 336
R

rattattack1313

Leave them off, mate....they collect dirt & cause a bit of rust, and cost to replace , too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
i say leave them off but by chnace if u decide to put them on put the new version on (VS ones)

semmi

Reaction score
Infus10n said:
i say leave them off but by chnace if u decide to put them on put the new version on (VS ones)
i'd just put the lion badges back and front, and yeah get the VS ones if you can

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
haha i was just thinking that b4 i checked back here cos its about the only way to tell a VR from a VS from the outside ;)

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
one thing thats buggin me is the 2 plastic holes at the front of the bonnet if u look in the first pic u can see ones faded and the other one isnt lol they come out easy i was thinkin of spray painting em has any1 done this b4 cos im not sure what paint ta use....

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I'd leave them off...

No more worries about neighbourhood kids trying to get those nice shiney new badges off with a screwdriver and marking your paint whenever you leave your car anywhere.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I put a vs badge on the front of my vr and left the back one. I like it, dunno why.

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
leave the main badges.. take everything else off (including the spoiler lol)

only differences between a vr and vs is badges, indicators, grill colours and hubcabs :p