Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stuck In GEAR "D"

annoyin

Reaction score
hey guys
i have a holden acclaim VS and its stuck ATM in the city
its an auto transmission.
it doesnt change gears..?
so i cant push it forward cause it won't go into Neutral gear and can't reverse.
only forward cause it's stuck in drive.
what might be the problem?
thanks

V

VR-3800

hey m8
similar prob happened to me wen i was paddock bashing in my vp,
the stick was stuck in D gear so we got 4 of us and lifted the back end up wile sum1 put their arm in the car and shifted it to N or wateva gear u want, for sum reason it worked wen the rear end was up in the sir so giv it a go, or u culd try and get a few fellas and get them to push it forward wile u in the drivers seat and then shift it to N and brake

hopefully it works, but cant help u with identifying the prob sori

Koontz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
when you pull up on the shiftlock on the t-bar does it feel loose?

might be shift lock pin stuck / jammed

you may have to pull apart the console around the t-bar to get to the release mechanism. pretty easy job as its just clipped together. might need a phillips head once you get in there.

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
i was having the problem of the stick not sitting in 'D' properly and id have to fiddle with it to start the car.

might be that same piece on yours thats gone.. it attaches to the auto stick just under the console. As koonts said, pull it apart and check, otherwise get someone to look at it.
wouldnt want to cause more damage :S