Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where is the Aircon escape hole underneath

B

Bob40

I am hoping someone can explain to me where to locate the Aircon drain hole
for my VR commodore SL sedan 1993/4 from the underneath.
It has built up water from shutting off and the water is leaking into the drivers feet.

If there is a site anyone knows that I can see a photo of same
would be great help

Also if there is a solution / part replacement to stop the valve whole from closing, would be great.
tks
Bill

Clarrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Exec
Re Aircon drain

G'day Bob40,

If you look on the left side of the heater box (in the passenger side footwell where the console finishes) you should see a black rubber plug about 2CM in diameter.

Get a bucket and sponge to catch the water and, using your fingers or a set of pliers, gently pull back the top edge of the plug. Depending on how blocked up it is, there may be a fair bit of water leakage so be ready with the sponge and just keep re-seating the plug until the torrent subsides!

When ready, pull out the plug completely and you can access the drain hole from above. Mine was full of rotting leaf matter and sludge. Use a long thin cable tie to poke down the drain hole and you should be good to go. You should also be able to clean any muck out of the area with a chux cloth.

I haven't looked to see if there is a corresponding drain on the driver's side. This method works for my VR Exec and saves you having to crawl under the car. It's important to keep the inlets under the bonnet clear of debris as this is the stuff that eventually causes the blockages as it breaks down and finds its way down into the heater system.

Hope this helps

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
If you have a Gregorys manual its on page 290. If you dont have a manual get one, you will use it and it will save you $. Basically put the front of the vechicle on stands and look just near the start of the transmission. There is a small drain hole that you just need to poke. Wasps and mud get stuck in there and block it up.

G

grazza_vr

had same prob, cost like $5 for a machanic to do it, saves u lookn, waste'n time...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
grazza_vr you lazy ass I cant believe you paid someone. "cost like $5 for a machanic to do it, saves u lookn, waste'n time" It takes about 5 minutes and you dont have to muck around getting mechanic. You could have it done in a fraction of the time it takes to drive to the mechanic. Plus you know its done right and you can fix it if it happens again.