Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T700 kicks in second gear when taking off

R

Richo2

Hi all

I have a 5L with auto T700 and when I take off it really kicks into second while the other gears are smooth as. What would cause this? If it can be fixed electronically by plugging cables into the ECM I will be in trouble since a scan tech will not run as there is no BCM on this VS statesman equiped mongrolised Holden HJ !!

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
sounds like a shift kit but i spose youd know if you had one :p sorry

P

Pengz

sounds like the corvette servo's..

dont need a shift kit to have these replaced.. but if thats the case you might want to take them out as it could damage the rest of the transmission and cost you quite a bit of dosh

Last edited by a moderator:

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
^^bullllllshit, shift kits WILL NOT damage your car, if it breaks, it waalready rooted, shift it for 4 years in mates clapped out v6 manga burnout street daily hack crap, and it hasnt broken anything but bumpers from tyres

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
nahhh dont beleive shift kits cant damage transmissions. i just had mine rebuilt less than 30,000k ago started slipping (fluid colour and smell still fine) and then out of nowhere lost all gears and now i cant even engage park... now when in starts up it sounds like it has a gilmer drive.. anyone got any clues??