Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS auto Slugish kickdown

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
its a VS auto V6, and ive got this problem and its starting 2 annoy me, when i am comming out from a corner, i go 2 take off normaly the car revs up for half a sec and it kicksdown a gear and it just feels really slow, takes like 2secs to kickdown,

any ideas?
thanks

S

Sirius096

Mine does the same, but im too lazy to fix it... also dont know what would fix it, so goodluck with your quest for answers! :p

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Slipping transmission, either replacing solenoids(if that's the only problem) or rebuilding the auto, either way it's expensive and not worth fixing. Eventually I got so used to it that I'd apply the throttle so careffully that the auto would still remain in 4rth overdrive even at 20km/h instead of giving it a boot and having it rev out and downshift.

S

Sirius096

Raging Bull said:
Slipping transmission, either replacing solenoids(if that's the only problem) or rebuilding the auto, either way it's expensive and not worth fixing. Eventually I got so used to it that I'd apply the throttle so careffully that the auto would still remain in 4rth overdrive even at 20km/h instead of giving it a boot and having it rev out and downshift.

Or manually stick it into 2nd as you're entering the corner! That can work. ;-)

B

bodgeydodge

howdy folks 3-2 downshift solonoid may be at fault