Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need info on VR/VS ute

W

wooley

hey fellas,

im only jsut 16 and a half and got my p's a couple of weeks ago, and im looking for a new car, [getting rid of the magna :|]

i was looking at a VR ute the other night, 1994, 5 litre V8, manual, S pack, with extractors, twin exhaust, CAI, lowered pedders suspension, done up interior, pioneer head unit, alarm. its done 230,00 thousand k's but its also only 10 grand.

its recently had a heavy duty clutch put in, and its had alot of stuff done to it in the last year, i dont want to buy something im going to have to keep fixing.

its also got recent service history, from about the last 2 years, but im unsure on before that.

couple of questions.

is this alot of k's for the holden 5 litre?

is there anythin i have to look out for when i take dad back to look at it again tomorrow?

and is this i a reasonable price? should i be paying less? or is it a bargain?

what usually goes in these? what further cost am i going to be up for down the track?

thanks guys,

wooley

R

rattattack1313

Get a RACQ/V/whatever fella to look it over........ :thumbsup:

W

wooley

yer thats what i was thinking, but dads also a mechanic and used to race so he knows a fair bit. ill get both to check it out :)

but what i really want to know is what problems people on here have had and what i have to watch out for and what it might cost down the track.

thanks,

wooley

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
should be alright, as long as u make sure one of em does a compression test :)