Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Me Again lol

Heeey!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
Moving Left

hi (i love the feedback and helpful info ppl giv so u might get sick of me asking soo many questions lol)

any wayz, i was wondering if sum1 could help me my car just had a wheel allignment after i got 17" put on, no wen i drive and let go of the steering it goes to the left and not from road conditions coz iv tried it in carparks drive ways hot mix etc, i think it could b the steering rack getting old but can sum1 tell me other so i dont cry over expenses lol, i hopw its not the rack

and is it worth changing the castor or camber bushes wateva they call it

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It shouldn't be the steering rack....take it back to where you got the alignment done and tell them (nicely) that it pulls to the left. If they are honest they will have a quick look and correct it if wrong. They should also tell you if a suspension component needs replacing. Normally if something is worn in the suspension they will refuse to do an alignment till it is fixed because they know that they cannot properly align the steering if something is worn.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
as hako said, it sounds like the allignment is still out. No car is going to stay in a straight line, how fast does it veer to the left? does it take 100-200 metres or straight away?

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
Also check your tyre pressures. If the left front is lower than the right, it will pull to the left.

Heeey!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
I got my allignment Done at jax tyre coz i got a free complimenary 1, they suggested themselves it could b the steering rack and pinion or sumfing to do with it but he was only saying wat came to his head he wasnt exactly sure coz all he was asked to do was the allignment not check the steering, as for the quickness of veering it steers to the left not too sharply but enough within 30-50m havnt gone more or ill end up in the bush lol, i dodnt think of trying the tyre pressure coz i told them not to bother as i did that morning and tightened the caps with pliers as sum1 nicked my good caps, ill definatley try the pressure thou,
thanx for all the responses and hopefully its not a big problem

cheers :D