Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting Motor

Heeey!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
hey guys,
its not such a big deal but im curious to know what is affecting my motor starting smoothly,
it used to start fine in the cooler mornings and in the warm afternoons when i got it in march but now in the cooler mornings it has to kick over more than couple of times and you'd still b lucky to get it going after a couple of clicks unless u primed it with giving it a lil gas at the start.
now iv changed the plugs to iridium 1's the leads are perfectly fine the distributor is good no leaks from ne where so im thinkin the fuel pump needs a look at it, (i know its an older car but it should run like it used to) other than that the car runs healthily but i wanna know wats causing it to hav to givin a lil gas on a cooler morning, (cooler morning is like 15 degrees not too drastic

ne ideas thanx :confused:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
the lower temp shouldnt matter too much...
have at look at ur f/pump and the fuel filter,check out ur throttle body and give it a clean if it needs it.
do a battery and alternator check (just go to ne car place,autobarn,supercheap,etc.. and they'll do it free) and check over your air filter...
if all these are good then it should start fine

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Give it some gas??????
When you press the acc on start all you do is open the throttle plate & maybe add a bit of a extra air. If you press the throttle in too far you enter a flood clear mode & cut the fuel right down.
I would check the fuel filter,then do a pressure test to see if its the pump.
Also try cleaning the injectors.