Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got VS Calais

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Just bought a VS calais after trading my VP wagon. Few things i would appreciate sum info on. I need to change a few bulbs in the dash, how would i take the dash out...and are there any common probs to look out for ...apart from that the car is excellent...so much better than the vp i had...thanx in advance for any help.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Ahh k cool...thankx alot for help mate

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
One more connector.

The Calais has the digital dash, which has an extra electrical plug for the trip computer.

This plug goes in the bottom of the cluster, and needs to be removed first. Method is the lower under dash cover and reach up. This connector is on the right underside of the cluster as you look at it.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
thanx fekason for info

I dnt no wen ill get pics cos my digital cam **** itself ...but its green with grey leather, all calais opt including LSD(found that out pulling outta car yard shoulda seen my dads face,lol) in immac condition ...old guy owned it ....dnt have much planned for it just sum wheels(dnt like the stockers), tints and lower a bit...apart from that not much cos i wanna keep it pretty stock and simple cos i love it the way it is...esp cumin from a vp exec wagon(gotta love irs for that ass droppage wen u give it).

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
Jamie_87 said:
(gotta love irs for that ass droppage wen u give it).

dont gotta love it when you need a full kit ($680) cause lowering messes it up.. my rear tire is 7mm out :( here come the big bucks.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Its ok mate i no a few ppl ...they will lowered(cluby height) plus camber kit for $400...so i aint worried...im just having fun atm with my stockies:D ...thankx for the warning anyways mate