Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT help needed please!

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey all,

Just got a VS, anyway taking it for a RW today, but I can't get the bloody steering lock to disengage. Any ideas? Cheers!

R

rattattack1313

Rocking the steering wheel left to right while trying to turn the key doesn't do it???

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey,

Nah I've tried that, no luck. I'm buggered as to what the problem would be. Out of all days, it does this!:p

R

rattattack1313

Hmmm...sounds like the locking lug is worn..... perhaps a little squirt of graphite powder.....might have to strip it down, and replace, shouldn't though...where abouts ae you, mate??? moght be a member nearby that can help....... :D

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Nah, key won't turn at all. I'm in Melbourne. I was going to try and take the housing off, but got to the last screw and it wouldn't budge. Graphite powder is an idea though.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Call a lock smith...about 100-150 fiffty bucks...mine just screwed up about a month ago at at petty station..your igiontion barrel is gone...

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yeah I just tried some graphite, no luck whatsoever. RACV suggested a new key, but no point doing that really. At least it decided to stuff up at home, and not out on the road.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yeah well mobile locksmith is gonna stung 130 bucks, so compare that to a mobile mechanics 285, I guess it's not too bad a price.