Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

weird bump sound

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
about a month ago i had my brakes an suspsension upgraded :D an now she making some weird sounds an feelings :confused:

when i change everthing there was no a problem then one day when braking it would make a knocking sound only (left side)if i brake softly but when i brake hard theres no sound, :mad: then about two weeks after that stop :confused: but now when i turn left the streering wheel will turn so far then an it feels like it lock but it will still turn further an i hear a knock sound when ever i turn or go over a bump on the left side somewhere :mad: ?

as far as i know i not sure wat could be making that sound :bang: cause i change ever part bar the sway bar in the front
shocks, spring, bushes, crossmember an a recon streering rack

any ideas would be very helpful thank you :)

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd jack the front of the car up with both wheels off the ground and turn the steering from side to side and twist and turn the wheels looking for something causing the problem. Look closely at every part of the suspension that moves - there should be a "witness" mark giving you a clue as to what is loose. From the sound of , it could be one or more of many things. Good luck.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
or take it back to the place that did all the work. and get them to do a check up, most places will hav a quick look, if its a part that theyve replaced, warranty job :p

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
fitzy2005 - From the post I'd say that Statement did the work himself though I could be wrong.

C

Chaser_1

is it a rattley kind of noise, like when going over speed humps it rattles, if yes its the sway bar link pins, the washer busts on them and rattles all over the place...just have to buy a link pin kit which replaces the bars/washers/bushes and it will fix it right up

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
thanxs for all of your input :) . all the work was done at the shop so i'll be heading bac as soon as i get time. but for now i'll just have to live with it once again thank you :thumbsup:

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
statement said:
about a month ago i had my brakes an suspsension upgraded :D an now she making some weird sounds an feelings :confused:

when i change everthing there was no a problem then one day when braking it would make a knocking sound only (left side)if i brake softly but when i brake hard theres no sound, :mad: then about two weeks after that stop :confused: but now when i turn left the streering wheel will turn so far then an it feels like it lock but it will still turn further an i hear a knock sound when ever i turn or go over a bump on the left side somewhere :mad: ?

as far as i know i not sure wat could be making that sound :bang: cause i change ever part bar the sway bar in the front
shocks, spring, bushes, crossmember an a recon streering rack

any ideas would be very helpful thank you :)

Type in english and we might be able to help..

check your rotars arnt loose...