Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting Probs

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Every time when i go to start the car and the engine is cold is kiks for ages b4 it actually starts...now would this be a prob related to the key(mates vt/vs had similar prob new key and it fixd up) or would this be bad fuel filter,or injectors need cleaning(i allways use optimax nothing else since ive had it for like the past week,lol)the powers excellent and its responsive and idles good too...when its warm it still takes a bit longer than normal to start but not so bad...battery is good cos its got that colour checker eye thing and its allways on green...any help would be great cos i dnt want it killin my battery and it annoys me that my old vp would start on instant and a vs calais takes longer to start. Also when i hold the pwr window button on even when its all the way up this little light on dash cums on like a bulb wit '!' in red,what is it?

thanx.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
that means a light somewhere is cactus..or you have an annoying electrical issue, maybe the light is dead in the console?...as those buttons are lit

but that light comes on when you are using a light which isnt working

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
thanx for ur info haloeight ...will check all lights 2nite...

does anyone have any info on my starting issue? thanx

R

rattattack1313

Plugs...leads..............coilpack, perhaps...

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
fuel pressure, replace pressure regulator or fuel pump if it fails a pressure test

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
plugs are getting checked today at my mech...leads r brand new and coil packs seem allright too...but wouldnt fuel pressure then affect my power or idle ...cos it idles smooth as and goes really wellthanx alot for ur help guys...ill just have to wait and see for verdict from my mech.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Fixed it!

found problem ...the positive cable on battery was loose so it wasnt getting the amps it needed to start the car when cold and the pole was full of corrosion ...all fixed now starts great...thanks for the info guys will keep all in mind for similar probs.