Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stereo security code!!!!!

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
hi,
i've got a VR statesman and had the battery out of it on the weekend which meant i needed to put the code in the stereo to get it to work again,i went to holden today and paid $22 to get the security code. i had a quick go at unlocking it on the way home but had no luck! i don't have the book for the car so i don't know if there is any sort of sequence that you've got to use to unlock it or if i have to disconnect the battery or something???? can someone please tell me how i unlock it!!!!

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
lilkel said:
hi,
i've got a VR statesman and had the battery out of it on the weekend which meant i needed to put the code in the stereo to get it to work again,i went to holden today and paid $22 to get the security code. i had a quick go at unlocking it on the way home but had no luck! i don't have the book for the car so i don't know if there is any sort of sequence that you've got to use to unlock it or if i have to disconnect the battery or something???? can someone please tell me how i unlock it!!!!

turn the car on and enter the code using the radio preset numbers - that's it.

if you've had a play and it doesn't work, maybe disconnect the battery again for a fresh start.

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks heaps... my fiance had a play with it so i'll try and disconnect the battery again and see how i go!!

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
This is according to the Gregory's manual
Turn the key to accessories the number 1 should show on the display
enter the number using the preset channel buttons
the system should start to work in a few seconds
If the wrong code has been tried 3 times you will have to wait an hour & try again
You will know if the wrong code has been entered 3 times by a - on the display

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
I rang up Holden to get my code, it was the incorrect one since the previous owner had put in a different factory deck that didn't originally come with the car, you can ring up Eurovox and get the original code by giving them the decks serial number(which is a bitch to find since it's on the top of the deck and requires you to take your dash apart).

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks everyone!!! i ended up having to disconnect the battery to unlock it!!! but it worked and i have music again!!!!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If the holden dealer charged you $22 he is ripping you off.Most do it for nothing as courtesy and promotes goodwill that you will use that dealer again for future business.The cost is a fee to supposedly access their computer but it basically costs gmh nothing and the dough goes into their slush fund.That was told to me by a holden parts bloke who gave me the number for free and I keep going back to for parts and easily has made the dough back in profit on parts.The other place who tried to charge me for it I never go to just on principal and I tell everyone I know about this dealer.

hoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
Ripped off

Well I was well nd truly ripped off. I remembered getting this done ages ago (Aug 02) by a Dealer so have had look and found the receipt. $40 plus GST. As they say there's one born every minute and this mob sure got me. :(

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
i rung the dealer where the car was purchased new and they couldn't find the details for the car on the computer so i rung paul wakeling holden and they actually wanted $35 to give me the code and the holden dealer at liverpool wanted $22. i went off at the lady at wakelings! she told me to change the deck and put a CD player in!! but i don't want to lose my steering wheel controls!!

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Strathfield car radio

many stereo places sell the adapter so that the steering wheel remotes work with brands like alpine sony etc.
I remember seeing them also in a Dick Smith or Tandy catalogue.
I've asked santa for an mp3 wma player ( I drive from Newcastle to Sydney a few times a week) so it will be my project to instal it after the new years eve headache goes away.

Cheers big ears