Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wide rims , low car , scrubing out?????

J

jay123

help me out, i got 235 tyres at the moment and they scub out the inside of the wheel arches every now and then ......but i want to lower it , wanna get super lows , will this mean it will scrub out all the time? has anyone else had this problem? anysuggestions ..not keen to get the gards rolled or anything

cheers for your help

brenz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
do you have irs or is it solid axel ?

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
You're at stock height and you're scrubbing 235s? That's a worry in itself!
Do you have any pictures of your wheel arches?

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I currently run 17's they standard Holden from the SS VR and they have 245/17 Falcans on them and they don't go anywhere scrubbing with my car Super Low.
How many people do you lap with in the car.

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
im on ultra lows, 235/17 and i dont scrub..even with a carload

(ive also put in pedders shocks n struts)

J

jay123

yeah i know its weird ey !! dont really have pics but ey , its a wagon dunno if it makes a differnece, . i orderes the springs from my work today and lined up a mechanic to fit them for a case , so if it keep scubbing ill think of something then ...... it kinda weird but ey cause it scrapes on the inside not like the top? anyone else had that??

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
get the guards rolled. it's no big deal and cheap as. all they do is fold up the lip you can feel under the arch. Got it on mine with superlows and a car load of ppl the only time it will rub is if i hit a bump or ditch in the road at high speed

J

jay123

hey , yeah gaurds rolled wouldnt have helped cause it was on the inside of the wheel arch .....

anyway i put the springs in and sussed out the problem while i was under there!! the panhard bushed were fkuced up so it was letting the panharh slide a little and therefore the tyres would scrape the inside of the wheel arch ! couple of $1 bushes fixed the problem, oh yeah and the wagon looks heaps better with super lows!

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
wouldnt hurt to get the guards rolled anyway man, i have 18's 235x40 and i havnt scrubbed ever since i got my guards rolled. It costs all of $150 and it could easily save u that much in the long run if u rip a chink out of your rim OR tires :) and once its done it doesnt have to be done again, obsiously

irws85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Is it only doing it on one side??
My guess is your diff is off center, i had that sought of problem on mine, the diff was a inch or so to the right, and when you lower it it'll get worse cos your pan hard rod bar will push it accross more.
If thats the reason, an adjustable pan hard rod bar is the way to go, but thats the best option for anyone lowering their VS because the pan hard rod bar will move as the car is lowered, mine's been dropped 4inches and picked up and adjustable pan hard rod bar, center the diff problem solved