Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

transmission -torque convertor

skb

Reaction score
Hi all has anybody had a problem like this when my vs ute torque convertor locks in around 80klms it makes like a shuddering noise and when i take it up to 100klms the noise isnt as loud also when in gear at a set of lights it shudders with the same noise but not as bad.
It changes gears smoothly and no slips etc i have just brought this car .
Thanks Steve

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
just an idea, but check your gearbox and engine mounts and your drive shaft and uni's as well.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
EcotecManiac has the right idea cos it is more likely to be the uni joints not functioning properly and need to be replaced

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
no there wrong, i had the same problem with my vn and its the lock up. my tranny bloke wanted to disengage it but it would make car rev 500-600rpm higher so i put up with, its just another problem with the **** gearbox, i cant beleive holden has persevered with it.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
ads72 said:
no there wrong,
have we been proven wrong yet? dont be so quick to judge. we were only offering suggestions.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sounds like your torque converters f@#ked,can be pretty common with a thrashed car...
easiest way to go about fixin it (besides just puttin up with it), is to get a recon. torque converter from a wreckers,should set you back a coupla hundred + fitting it.

of course u should get it checked out by ur transmission place first to make absolutely sure it is the torque converter,but it definately sounds like it from what you discribed..

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
torque converter

I had a new one installed and does shudders at 80, transmisson guy says its all fine, so i live with it, just have the power button on and it stays in 4th, though now at 100 it wont go to lockup unless the air is cold outside, go figure that one out