Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting a bodykit

S

Sirius096

Currently looking at buying a VX clubby kit for my VR and was just wondering how difficult they are to put on - ie do they bolt straight on or are modifications generally necessary?
And does anyone have any idea how much it costs to get a vx kit sprayed?

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
all depends where you go to pricing, the more you pay the better it will look it will bolt straight up (im guessing you have a vx kit cut for a vr) but you should make up some reinforcement brackets

if you want a quiality paint job youll be looking around 1k i know som1 who payed 500 and it looked ****

S

Sirius096

Hmm. Didn't think the paint was gonna be that much, maybe I should save up and get the kit when I get a full respray (I have a burgundy commodore, ugh).

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
when i say it looked **** it was a different colour. it didnt look to different untill the painter buffed it then it was really noticable

that was using the paint code so im only guessing 1k for a true match

ring round and get some quotes

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
as for putting it on...yourself and a mate,a coupla hours,some sikaflex and you'll be sweet,u basically re-use all the old bolts from the factory bumpers (some extra are needed for certain bits)
no modifications should be nessecary as the kit is moulded to suit a vr-vs (or it should be ne way)
the cost to spray it can vary considerably,depending on the type of paint,quality and dodgyness of the panel beater.but u shouldnt pay ne more than $800-$1000 for a genuine good job.i got mine done for $600,but thats because im mates with the bloke who did it.