Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help

thenewguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
dont have one yet
i have just sold my honda integra (yes a ricer but nothing to sneeze at 119kw at the front wheels) and am now after a challenge, dispite being told to stay way from "the commodore" i am looking at getting a VN or VS model, but know nothing about them, i have been told that i will have problems up to my eye balls and should stick with a jap import but i guess the holden add has gotten to me and now "i just want one" any help or feed back would be greatly appreciated.
oh and how hard is it to get a black VN/VS?

R

rattattack1313

Welcome to the Madhouse,mate................. there are plenty of good commos about for sale, have a look in our 4-sale section at the bottom of the page....... :yeah:

thenewguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
dont have one yet
thanks hehe im just over the jap import scene they are great cars but i think the challenge is to do something out of the ordinary on something that i have never even considered and although it may not be as quick or handle like the integre (YET) it has SOOO much more potential im thinking supercharger!!! 20inch wheels and lowest i can get it but it has probably already done hehe

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
lol good idea a commodore is very easy and cheap for parts compared to imports ;), switching to a commodore is a wise move :) if you got the money, you can really make them stand out too :)

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
wow!!! 119 at the front wheels, dont believe anything ricers say, commodores are pretty quick and simple vehicles...not too mention roomy, and a vs would be the way to go in my eyes, cos they have ABS, IRS, airbags, and around 125Kw, so yeah good decision to switch to commodores, cos if u have any probs with one no doubt its been covered and fixed on this site.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
If you cant find a black one why don't ya just get it sprayed black anyway. Paint is likley to need a redo anyway.

thenewguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
dont have one yet
good point but at least with black i have a base for the colour which is top secret heheh im actually looking at a midnight blue VR can anyone tell me the difference between the VR and the VS are their any major problems with VR are the mechanicals the same?? the one im looking at has 180000ks on the clock, what problems would/should i expect??
the integra went very hard but in saying that ive been told if i spent half of what i put into the type r engine on a commodore i probably would have had double the power at the wheels and i guess ive seen the light (as my friend just bought a maloo ute) you just cannot beat cubic inches

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
thenewguy said:
good point but at least with black i have a base for the colour which is top secret heheh im actually looking at a midnight blue VR can anyone tell me the difference between the VR and the VS are their any major problems with VR are the mechanicals the same?? the one im looking at has 180000ks on the clock, what problems would/should i expect??
the integra went very hard but in saying that ive been told if i spent half of what i put into the type r engine on a commodore i probably would have had double the power at the wheels and i guess ive seen the light (as my friend just bought a maloo ute) you just cannot beat cubic inches

lol, difference is a compltly new engine, the vs uses a ecotech engine same as vt's etc, the vr uses the buick engine, liek the vn-vp etc, 180 000km seems pretty good if its a series one vr.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
thats if he's lookin at a v6...
if thenewguy thought his ricer went hard,have a go behind the wheel of a grumpy v8.
either way if you put some decent work (and money) into a v6 or an v8 its gunna absolutely fly.

thenewguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
dont have one yet
thanks guys, as i said i guess ive seen the light oh and not to mention the extra room in the commodore is good (for a family), my problem is i have 20 different people telling me 20 different things, i like the look of the VN through to the VS people are telling me to stay away from vn/vp and even vr but i guess its like anything oh and one other thing i dont have a car yet but ive got a set of wheels hehe from i think its a vy maloo ute (again not sure of the model i know its a maloo) its a 1998 would the wheels fit on a VN through to a VS?