Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement Keys in Brissy

J

jim468

Hi everybody am now the prouud owner of a Ser 2 VS Commodore, any ideas on how to get a replacement key for the car ??, can you obtain a new key from Holden and have the pin code for that car inputted (have still got the pin codes).

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
MrMinit (at any shopping complex) does them for $89.95 in about 10 minutes if you bring the old key (remote). In Townsville they are offering 20% off which brings the price down to $71.95.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
jim468 said:
Hi everybody am now the prouud owner of a Ser 2 VS Commodore, any ideas on how to get a replacement key for the car ??, can you obtain a new key from Holden and have the pin code for that car inputted (have still got the pin codes).

Hey dude...how you going...? I got a new 2-Button Remote Key Head for My VS off a guy that that I found on eBay...but they are actually a company (and I didn't have to do the transaction through eBay either)...the name of them is..."All St. George Area Locksmiths"...they are located in Rockdale, NSW. I paid $78.45. Emailed him my "security code", year, model, 2 or 3 button key head, address etc...he gave me his bank details...transfered over the funds and key head was here the next day (I paid express post) and I just used my existing "metal" part of the key by unscrewing the wrecked one and screwing back on the new one...followed the installations instructions provided and presto...works a treat...they do also sell the key part of it aswell but this costs a bit more and you also have to give them your "key code"...anyway...hope this helps...their details are...ohhh and they also do other models...in fact I think they do all commodore models that have a remote key...

All St. George Area Locksmiths
1 Tramway Arcade Rockdale, NSW 2216
A.B.N 35540884934
Phone: (02) 9567-8686 (24 hours)
Fax: (02) 9599-4910
Email: [email protected]

Ask for Angelo...

This is a much better than paying top dollar at holden dealer and its the exact same thing...and before you ask...yes the key head has the Holden symbol on the back just like the original one...and they are also licenced to carry out this procedure so will not void any car warranty's or anything...trust me...I absolutely drilled the guy with questions before I went ahead with it...lol

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

cbb01

Reaction score
Members Ride
SUPERCHARGED VP COMMODORE
Where in brissy are you?
Mister Minit at either Redbank Plaza or Garden City will do complete head and key including programming for $79.95-$89.95 in about 10 mins.
They only use genuine GMH parts and do all one two and three button keys.
The only ones they can't do are VY VZ and HSV.