Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need to get wheel off in the vr

S

SYM35

need to get steering wheel off in the vr

i brought a puller to get my wheel off but it doesnt fit does any one know if the is a special puller i can get or lend so cut forkink out money for the puller than it doesnt fit any help would be great this is in a vr s2 1994 no airbag

Last edited by a moderator:

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Bit of WD 40 and a few taps with a hammer should do it i would have thought?? thats the way i use to get the wheel off tho wont do it know as i have a air bag. But leave the nut on slightly as when you reef on the wheel, when it lets go you will break ya nose!!! trust me.. happened to a friend of a friend of a friends next doors cousin auntys friend of mine !!!

S

SYM35

anyone know if there a special puller or something like that

S

SYM35

come on someone help ive got the new wheel and everything broiught a universal puller but it doesnt fit hellllp

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Why buy your own puller? Just hire em, try Kennards or something. You're only gonna change it once? Maybe twice? Will you get your money back by doing it once? I just hired.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Just grab it with both hands near the wheels spokes and wiggle it while pulling back with your weight and yank it off...but leave the nut on by a few threads like someone said...cause you'll land in the back seat when it slips off if you dont...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
My Car has a non airbag wheel but I got a couple of bolts and ground the heads down to fit down the hole so when you turned them 90 degress they gripped the boss of the wheel and then you used the puller to put pressure on the centre. I used the centre off a old red motor water pump and drilled it out.
Dont hit it with anything or you will trash it...use the puller that puts pressure on the right parts without buggering the shaft.

S

SYM35

it all good now after about a hour of mucking round i used the universal puller but just got domr bigger bolts and threaded the though the oblong holes thanks for the help anyways

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
dont' hit the nut with a hammer, it's a collapsable steering column and with a decent hit it will collapse then the boss won't fit probably. it takes 3 hours to get the shaft out if you brake it. steering wheel pullers are $10 at supercheap but the break. get a repco one the are only $30 but won't break and have a life time warranty.