Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

crank angle sensor bullshit!

J

jay123

on a couple of threads ive heard people talking about getting extra ponnie by moving the crank angle sensor a couple of mill closer. when i sold a harmonic balancer for a vr to one of the work shops i asked the mecanic about this...

botom line is it wont result in more agressive timing as that is all controled electronicly, and that it will to is increase the likleyhood of the sensor rubbing, and recking it!

thats my understanding anyway. anyone know any different?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
hahaha, who said it would add power?

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Lowndsie said it after his big win at Bathurst! lol that's all I heard when my sis came home from The Mountain. Lowndsie, Lowndsie Lowndsie! Arrrggggghhh. To make matters worse, she had a few alcoholic beverages.....murder!

J

johng

yep pure crap too close to harmonic will damage sensor then ull have no go mode

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
MAN I HATE MY SENSOR THINGY...! it's been hammerd for ages and sometimes the car will just cut out or won't start...I get trade price from holden and I've actually got the part to fix it...just ain't got the tool...:cry:...it's so embaressing when it happens in front of people...but my dad says he has a way to fix it without buying the expensive tool...Just gotta wait till he's got the time...I'll let you know...ohhh also if anyone has this problem and they get stuck on the road...pour some water on it and she should fire back up...just a little tip I learnt from the old man...

Cheers, Joe

J

jay123

what are the expensive tools? harmonic balancer puller?? they arnt that expensive? what else would you need, just go to a work shop and ask to borrow whateva else you need...you didnt try the mod of moving it closer did you?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
jay123 said:
what are the expensive tools? harmonic balancer puller?? they arnt that expensive? what else would you need, just go to a work shop and ask to borrow whateva else you need...you didnt try the mod of moving it closer did you?

LOL...Hell no...!...nah I think my dad is going to borrow whatever it is...I'm not that sure...