Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Pressure Switch leak

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey quick Q: My old oil pressure sensor was leaking. Bought a new one, still leaking, but at the thread. Sealant perhaps? Asked the guy at Holden, he said no need for sealant/gasket cement. Any ideas? Cheers

vrberlina94

Reaction score
Get some thread sealing tape (cant think of the name atm), normally white and costs about $1. Wrap some of that around it and put it back in.

S

stew7700

yep or loctite thread sealant, cant remember the number now but its a white paste should fix you up no worries :thumbsup:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
newo said:
Hey quick Q: My old oil pressure sensor was leaking. Bought a new one, still leaking, but at the thread. Sealant perhaps? Asked the guy at Holden, he said no need for sealant/gasket cement. Any ideas? Cheers
the tape your looking for is
p.t.f.e. commonly called plummers tape

vrberlina94

Reaction score
stew7700 said:
yep or loctite thread sealant, cant remember the number now but its a white paste should fix you up no worries :thumbsup:
Loctite wont actually seal the thread, just holds the thread in place.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
hmm....
have a leaking one on my VS too...
will replace and use some thread tape i spose...
how much are these gizmos???

S

stew7700

vrberlina94 said:
Loctite wont actually seal the thread, just holds the thread in place.

Loctite 567 mate. Will do the job of sealing his thread

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Its not actually a threat though I didnt think. Isnt it just a clip in type connector.

S

stew7700

yeah i think the wires are clip in mate but the actual pressure switch screws into the side of the block id say

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yeah I think that everything on this VS I just got is friggin ridgie didge! The wiper washer pomp, windscreen wipers, oil pressure switch lol. My switch was leaking from the actual clip in part, and the thread, but rplaced the whole unit and now just the thread in leaking.

The switch cost me 25 dollars from Holden, and the bloke said I didn't need anything to seal the thread, but it looks like otherwise. It appeared to have a bit of plumbers tape on it, but not a lot, so maybe a bit more of that will do and a bit of thread sealant. BTW if you want to get it off, a 26mm spanner or long socket will be needed. Tried a wrench, not that good really...