Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side Chrome Strips!

Ricko

Ricko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Hey People

Merry Christmas to all!

The chrome strips on my VR Berlina are fairly worn out and the clear plastic protective film is starting to fall off . I am getting the car re-painted next month and I also want to fix the chrome strips to compliment the paint.

Does anyone have any idea where to get some new ones or how to restore the old ones?

Cheers

Rick Dogg

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
hey there,

yeah merry christmas to you also.

now depending on your strips can be easy and fairly cheap or can be a pain in the butt.
i have a vsII berlina with the same prob - clear coming off. now on mine the chrome strip is actually part of a colour coated door mould. now if yours is like this you can't buy the chrome seperate you have to buy the mould and strip in one and then get it painted. if on the other hand it's justa chrome strip you can get them from holden still i think and easy enough to DIY or get panelshop to do after respray done.

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Have you considered just losing them altogether? Makes the car look a lot meaner imo.

Ricko

Ricko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
yeah i'll check it out!

Thanks for the reply