Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Transmission changing gears funny

R

Ryzza75

I had a problem with my car. The pump on the torque converter went bung, well so the guy at the car place said. But I've noticed now that I got it back, over time its getting worse. I have this thing where my car doesnt change gear properly. It grips perfectly in first when i take off. as soon as its about to change gear at around 60kms it takes a second or two, the revs go through the roof like it were in neutral and then it slowly grips and pulls the car along. this happens mostly when taking off quickyl and sounds and looks extremely embarassing. however this also happens when im in say 3rd gear going slowly around a corner, say about 30 -40kms and then trying to accelerate at a nice speed it does the same thing. the more i put my foot down the more the gear seem to slip and the closer i get to redlining without speed/torque.

Somebody told me that these may be the plates/bands whichever a VS Series 1 commodore has. I am concerned about this and do not with to spend too much, if anyone has any ideas as to why or has any quick fixes for this... please let me know... thanks.!! :hit:

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
Check your oil level, but it sounds like the box is stuffed mate

R

Ryzza75

thanx mate,... i checked the oil level and it was low. i put some more in and drive it but its pretty much the same. however pushing the econ button and turning it on to econ, the gears seem to change better. not so much redlining when i put my foot down but actually grabs... any ideas?

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
anyone know what you'll pay for an auto for VS at wreckers???

J

joeeey84

i paid $550 for one that did 140 000 k apparently ?? and put it in but it's a **** of a job... wouldn't do it again