Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

missing under load

V

vsII manual

Title says it all.
I have changed the plugs and leads but still does it. Only seems to do it when it is at operating temperature though and under load? Its quiet annoying. I noticed it when i had to over take some cars on the freeway in 3rd doing about 160 the weekend on the freeway, and also around down doing about 60 in 4th and flooring it without changing down a gear.
Do the coil packs stuff up on the v6's much? This is all i think it could be as it only does it under load.
Any ideas?

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Coil packs on the v6 Commodores are pretty notorious...check your injectors too.

M

Masher

Agree...I had all three go on my old VP...not too expensive...I think about $100 each..easy to fit too!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Masher said:
Agree...I had all three go on my old VP...not too expensive...I think about $100 each..easy to fit too!

if you just replace each coil its 50 dollars per coil, if you replace the whoel coil pack its liek 250 bux

V

vsII manual

Thanks guys, ill look into it.
Its really pissing me off!

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
check your DFI, its the silver plate under the coils!!!!

ive got the same problem u describe but runs fine on gas..... so the coils and DFI are out of the question!!!

let us know the how it goes...