Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question not addressed anywhere on this forum re: c/locking!!

smw757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina 5.0L
Okay - firstly, i've searched the forums for a problem such as mine - nothing that I can see has been discussed before.

The car:
1996 VS2 Berlina

When does it occur?

It happens if I hit the unlock button on the key remote - it happens if I use the key in the drivers door lock - it happens if I unlock the drivers door from the inside. It happens if the car is already open and I hit the open button on the key remote...

What's the issue?

The central locking activiates (i.e. opens all doors - which is good) but the drivers door lock keeps clacking away like it's still trying to open the lock. It only lasts a couple of seconds (thankfully) after the lock actually comes up, but this is not right!

Is the central locking motor on the way out? Is it a gear that's worn and is slipping? Am I going to get completely stuck one day cause it craps itself??!! :bang:

Anybody had something similar occur and what did you do about it?

Cheers

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
It happens to me every couple of months, the horn sounds and i just press the button again twice(unlock and the lock again) and it fixes it self, i should get it fixed before my warranty runs out.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
don't know if its the same but i had a similar problem on a vt when you would lock the doors they would unlock again. mine turned out to be a broken wire in the door.may or may not be worth a look
it only cost about $30 for a new harness

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Its called machine gunning and quite common and is caused by the drivers door lock contacts being out of adjustment.It happenned to me and I just got another whole lock ans solenoid assembly from a wreck and stuck it in as it is a mongel job to take in and out.
I'm sure its covered in a old thread as I posted it but that was many moons ago.

smw757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina 5.0L
Thanks all for the replies. At the moment it's still working, albeit with a terrible noise, so i'm not in a huge hurry to get it fixed. If it's the solenoids out of adjustment then i'll get the whole thing replaced.

Cheers

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Its called gunning, I haven't heard of it called machine gunning before buts its the door actuater on its way out.
I saw some on Ebay, new for around $40 so keep your eyes out or drop one down you shorts next time you are at the wreckers.

My dads motto - If its smaller than your dick you needn't pay

Dexn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
If it is the actuator, Jaycar sell them for around $10 (universal, they claim anyway). May be worth a look...

smw757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina 5.0L
actuator on the way out - crikey - sounds like I will need to do something about it. I assume if the actuator goes then you can no longer get into the car if it's locked?

cheers all