Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR SS driving lights (fog lights)

QWK-11E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
hey guys

i cant seem to get the driving lights to turn on with my normal head lights

i can have the head lights on but as soon as i hit the fog light switch, my headlights dim to the parkers

now ive seen at least 2 VR SS with both on at the same time, could i have a fuse prob or is this how they are and u can do a mod or something to have em both on at the same time

thanks guys

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
thats normal mate. thats the way they all work.

you can change it by doin something with the relay, but you can get done for it. im pretty sure having the foglights on with the normal headlights isnt roadworthy. i dunno why, but it could be blinding to oncoming drivers.

QWK-11E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
hmmm thats weird thought u could have both on without any mods

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
It really sh|ts me when ppl have their fog lights and normal lights on, the fog lights have one purpose, to be used when there is fog/or country driving, it's not for looking cool. They should book ppl here who use both.

QWK-11E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
nobody asked u for ur opinion on if u like em or not, so if u cant help with the topic please dont respond

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
QWK-11E said:
nobody asked u for ur opinion on if u like em or not, so if u cant help with the topic please dont respond

hehe ok, the last time I checked, this is a free country, well anyways I hope you have no luck. :rofl:

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
If you want i could search for which points on the relay you join so you can have your normal lights and foglights on at the same time...

EDIT: (off another forum)
All you need to do is bridge a short length of suitable auto wire (say 5 Amps) between ternimals 30 and 87a on the fog lamp relay.

for the people with little auto electrical knowledge, strip each end of the wire about an inch, and twist each end so the wires stick together, etc. Then carefully wrap each end tightly around the 30 and 85 pins on the relay, making sure nothing touches adjacent pins, etc. Then plug the relay back in (with the wire in place) pressing down so it is tight. This way the wire won't dislodge at a later time.

then just before rego check each year, remove the relay, take off the wire and plug the relay back in. Afterwards, just put the wire back again as decribed above, it's that simple!

this may sound a bit dodgy, but i did this with my VR Calais just after i'd installed the fog lamps back in 2001. The wire has never worked loose or fell off, the only time it comes off is each rego check. Too easy!

Last edited:

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
VLishes said:
It really sh|ts me when ppl have their fog lights and normal lights on, the fog lights have one purpose, to be used when there is fog/or country driving, it's not for looking cool. They should book ppl here who use both.
Yeah, true. They can book people for it, its called a canary :p

QWK-11E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
Freddy Kruger said:
If you want i could search for which points on the relay you join so you can have your normal lights and foglights on at the same time...

EDIT: (off another forum)

thanks for that man

but one question could i still flick the foglight switch and turn em on and off??