Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Fuel Gauge

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
I jst got a air fuel gauge for my VS S2... i was wondering if anyone knew where to hook the sensor cable to? i have absolutely no idea where it goes and i dont plan on taking my car to auto barn and paying $80 for them idiots to hook up one wire....

cheers fellas

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
i think mabey it is the o2 sensor wire but im not 100%sure can anyone confirm this? y dont u just ask them were the wire goes. the autobarn near me are fair helpfull when u are instaling something yourself. one tym me and a mate were putting a tv in his skyline but couldnt get it to work, we drove it around the back of autobarn and the guy came out and got it working for him free of charge. only took him like 5min and we put the car back together.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
well guys, i did a bit of playing around, found out that the sensor wire goes into a purple wire on the o2 sensor... works a treat... jst gotta work out how im gonna run the wires and where i can get a power wire that only comes on with the ignition...

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
or splice it to the thick orange wire under the dash (see pic), thats were the power for my shift light comes from

Attachments

• Wires1.JPG
    Wires1.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 597

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
raZel said:
well guys, i did a bit of playing around, found out that the sensor wire goes into a purple wire on the o2 sensor... works a treat... jst gotta work out how im gonna run the wires and where i can get a power wire that only comes on with the ignition...

cigarette lighter prolly easier :p

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
suggest you wack an inline fuse across the new line as well, just to cover your ass

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
i think my biggest problem is going to running the cables safely to the oxygen sensor... im really nervous about clipping the wire... lol i know it sounds petty but i really dont wanna clip this one, i have clipped many before, but this one seems very important, and its hard to work on... the cable is right down the side of the engine at the back on the right.. if i was to do i would like solder it and everything but i still dont wanna do it for some reason, but at the same time i dont wanna pay $80 at auto barn for some bozo to hook up 3 wires.... doesn't really seem worth it. any ideas on where i can run the wires safely over to that side of the engine? cheers

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Why not join it at the other end near the ecm??????

vrberlina94

Reaction score
I ran mine off the cig lighter, then for the O2 signal pickup droped it thru the grommet in the firewall near the brake booster and ran it down to the 02 sensor, simple.