Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

temp and fuel guage playing up

D

Damage inc.

fellow vr owners
since i got my vr, the temp and fuel guage have been a hit and a miss, most of the time they dont work, but after a few stern taps, they swing into action. i was wondering if this is a typical vr problem and what i could do to fix it, its more an annoyance than anything else

any help would be appreciated

R

rattattack1313

There is a few threads on this,mate.....try the "search" button at the top....but yea, a common problem..... :thumbsup:

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
If its just the guages they are easy enough to pull out and relpace, go to the wreckers and get some spare guages, pull the console apart and screw the old ones out and new ones in... worked a treat for me with a sticky temp gauge.
Good luck

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Usually no need to replace anything to fix this. Take the cluster out go over all the solder joints with a soldering iron and a tiny bit of solder. Dry joints can cause the gauges to stop functioning.

Old TVs and other appliances can get this problem too... which is why bashing them sometimes makes them work lol