Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Sick??

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hey guys, well lately my vr has been running sorta sick (feels like anyway). its a v6 vr auto 1993 executive, anyway, if i drive normally (upto 2500rpm) the exhaust sounds like its really droning, and accleration is fairly gutless and takes a long time to relise my foot is down (upto 3 seconds) and finally accelerates. i know most of you will say dont drive under that amnount of revs, but soon as i reach 2500rpm+ the exhaust is really loud and sounds like im really pushing it (even just at 3grand) any way i had a mate in his vn v6 auto beside me at the lights and he hammered me :( his vn is stock. ive got a cold air intake and high flow filter. its been serviced, throttle body cleaned (a fair few times now :( ) TPS sensor replaced as car went into limp mode and displayed TPS voltage to low. replaced and works fine now. also replaced the iac valve. i have reset the ecu and still no luck. any ideas ?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Sounds like fuel starvation to me... Check filters... clean injectors... etc etc

maybe fuel pump dying ?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
sixshooter said:
Sounds like fuel starvation to me... Check filters... clean injectors... etc etc

maybe fuel pump dying ?

filter and pump replaced about a month ago, pressure tested and ok, aparently injectors are ok, but ill get them exchanged anyway

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Could it be that you have a small crack or something in your exhaust system? I know mine sounds worse the more I accelerate and dosent respond to the pedal as much and she has a crack in the exhaust system.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yea i did have a huge crack in the muffler, got a new one fitted (Sounds heaps louder) so i hope i dont have another one :(

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
err nevamind, checked computer for erros, got error 13 :( my oxygen sensor nooo!! replaced that with one off ebay about 5mths ago :mad:

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
well does ya vr have irs? i beat my mates vs calais v6 with my stock 1988 vn v6. anyone from perth want to check their vn - vp or vr - vs with a self diagnostic tester just send me a message, willing to help anyone out.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
nah doesnt have irs, series one executive :( , i mite get a auto elec to look at it, coz my tps died, iac replaced, and now my oxygen sensor died (even though it was new 5mths ago)

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
sounds to me liek theres wiring or computer is just being ***