Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front & Rear Bumpers VS1 Calais, What to do???

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
I'm hoping theres a cheap way to get out of this one:

my front & rear bumpers have never looked crash hot. Stone chips, slight cracks, plastic striping losing 'cling wrap' etc....

my missus just went and bumped a fence with bumper.. now theres a slight crack around some of the mountings...

now bumpers going to start to fall off...

now, if I had an executive or whatever with out two tone, i suppose it would'nt be quite so expensive. because theres cracks in plastic i take it i'll have to buy new/secondhand bumpers, and repaint.

surely theres someone thats been through this...

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Panel beaters can actually fix cracks in bumpers they have like plastic welding machines. So go to your local panel beater and get a quote.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
Or if your a smart arse u could weld up the cracks with a hot soldering iron. my parents got a new bumper for their vs after sum kids rolled it down the driveway and it hit a tree. no more than 2 weeks after the new bumper sum fool in the car park hit it and cracked it n stuff . soldering iron did the trick . just needs to be filled with a poxy glue, sanded and repainted.

V

VS_Calais

With my car i have some chips in the front bumper and I have the problem where it looks like the pain wants to start flaking off. I havent done anyhitng about it yet but I know it will be expensive to get it sprayed. So ill just wait til i need to get other stuff sprayed.
Mine is also a Vs Calais S1

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
because calais is two tone metallic i imagine painting costs for a professional finish will be higher...