Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much to get manifold fitted?

BobEddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR2
I have a left hand manifold ready to be fitted to replace my old cracked one. How much roughly would a place charge to do this?

thanks

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Any exhaust shop should be able to fit it in under a hour...@ whatever rate they charge...

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
hi there.
can i make a suggestion and recommend you do it yourself. it is a very easy job to do and will save you about $90.00 approx. you'll need to jack the car up at the front to get underneath and undo to 2 x 13mm manifold flange nuts. then from the top from memory there is 7 bolts to undo. throw away old manifold and fit your new one. no gaskets or sealant needed. should be able to do in 45 mins at home. piece of cake. then you can spend your saved cash on something else.
hope this helps.

Morganv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
thats if you don't snap the bolts undoing it

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
i have done about 40 manifolds v6's and gen III's and never snapped a bolt yet.
spray with crc or something similar first if any doubt.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You wont snap it unless you are pissed or something...no gasket between manifold and head either ..unless its a new manifold you will be doing it again I have 2 cracked ones now as ornaments....I ended up putting on extractors...good excuse and the missus even believed it.

C

chrome calais

I have cracked laft hand manifold too. It was already welded once by previous owners. Only problem is that here in NZ they are $417 new. The local wrecker sold me a 2nd hand one off a VT but I took it to an engineer who found a crack just starting under fancy light, so I got my $250 back. As it's a Calais the standard extractors won't fit due to Progressive Steering system. The extractors that will fit will cost me $850 fitted (+ heat wrap @ $50)... which in my book is too much.

Any ideas anybody???

T

turkeychicken

I cant help you but I have a VS Calais too and Im gonna be looking for extractors sooner or later. I havent looked into it at all so what you say about steering system in the way will be a prob for me when the day comes. What are the extractors you priced at $850 fit? Do Pacemaker have a compatible set?