Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Keeps cutting out

tommo824

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr exec
Hi All, I have come across a problem with my vr 6cyl and wondering if you guys can help me out,
Over the last few weeks the engine keeps cutting out while im driving then it will struggle to restart this only happends when it gets hot and it came up with Code 49. I have changed the Crank Angle Sensor, Cam Angle Sensor and the DFI Module for the second time in 18 months. Problem solved! until the other day when it died on me again and this time it wouldnt start at all now its telling me Code 46, i tried starting it yesterday and it kicked over and sounded very rough and then died again after 10 seconds

Prior to changing the CAM and DFI Module a new ecu was put in but made now difference so i assumed that my ecu was ok,

Can anybody help?????????????

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
try posting in vr section if no one can help you here

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
tommo824 said:
Hi All, I have come across a problem with my vr 6cyl and wondering if you guys can help me out,
Over the last few weeks the engine keeps cutting out while im driving then it will struggle to restart this only happends when it gets hot and it came up with Code 49. I have changed the Crank Angle Sensor, Cam Angle Sensor and the DFI Module for the second time in 18 months. Problem solved! until the other day when it died on me again and this time it wouldnt start at all now its telling me Code 46, i tried starting it yesterday and it kicked over and sounded very rough and then died again after 10 seconds

Prior to changing the CAM and DFI Module a new ecu was put in but made now difference so i assumed that my ecu was ok,

Can anybody help?????????????

have you checked fuel circuit and fuel pump?

tommo824

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr exec
i changed the fuel filter, spark plugs and checked the wiring between CAS and DFI Module and i managed to get it started.. but it hesitates to restart now but it does kick over!!!! could it be fuel pump?? (its only 1.5 year old)
I am now lost and dont know what to do

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Coil pack, maybe?

tommo824

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr exec
i have had the coil pack tested and seems ok