Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Door alignment

ruler71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5.0L Police interceptor, VS 11 Statesman 5.0L
Hi all I have just traded up from my trusty 5.0L VN yellow interceptor to a 5.0L VS. The drivers door appears to have dropped and I was wondering is ther a simple way to adjust this? I will replace the hinge pins as I can feel some up and down movement when I have the door just open. The door hinges are welded onto the body and the door also. There doesn't seem anywhere for adjustment. It anoys me when driving as it knocks on the door catch. I dont want to drop the door catch as it's not the right way to fix the problem. Your help will be appreaciated. Ruler

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
i had a similar type problem on my vs and all i did was put a trolley jack under the corner of the door (when opened obviously) and jacked it up slightly to reposition the door. no problems with the door since.
hope this helps.

ruler71

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for your quick reply I will give it a go.

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
when you do it - if you try it this way put a rag between the jack and door itself.
no probs anytime. :)

M

mccorncob

u can also use an impact hammer with star bit and adjust the catch, as using the jack only bends the hinges and u will eventually have to replace then.

ruler71

Reaction score
Members Ride
door alignment

I spoke to a panel beater and they have a tool to bend the hinges. Said it was just as easy to jack the door. If I have to use a jack hammeras suggested well yes I might as well use an angle grinder and just put on new hinges get some paint mixed and repaint hey!!