Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

house robbed & took me car keys too. what is the drill?

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
happy new year to the lion pride.
anyways, xmas eve some ****er broke into my house. my pride and joy VS SS which is blown and fitted with nitrous, drop-tank, racing seats etc was parked in the driveway. the scum junkies woulda creamed when they noticed her keys in the kitchen. without any consideration to its loving owner they didnt hesitate to take her from me and rape her as the maggots do.
i praise the god of horsepower that id taken a few measures of my own when it comes to actually getting her to start and they were dennied taking her from me. ****, she`s a lucky girl and we both knew how close we come to heartbreak. luck was with us for sure.
but the thieves took her keys with them and im sure they plan to have another crack at her.
i have a spare key that id left at the parents house so she`s now in lockdown in my workshop.
so now i need to change the door and boot locks and the ignition also, is it true i also need a new ecm coz the transponder key is matched to it?
please give me some advice on the best way to make her safe again. cheers.

R

rattattack1313

Wow, mate.............I am sooooooo glad they never got your car..............not sure of details, but I know you can change all the locks etc etc no worries.......we have a Member who is Police Officer over your way..perhaps he can look into it for you.......catch the little F@&#s....... :thumbsup:

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats sounds sweet rat, can u tell me officers nickname? i live in lockridge so the kiara cop shops the closest to me.
the owners hand book indicates that her first owner was the " commisioner of police!! ". so she was once part of the " inner circle ". u reckon that would be tru? or maybe all ex police cars have that written in their hanbook as the first owner? be nice if she the chiefs old ride, he might pull some strings for an old friend! lol.
appreciate your concern my friend.

R

rattattack1313

Ludacris is his JC nickname....just message him.....I cannot garuantee that he can do anything, of course.....my car is also ex Police... most cops that pull me up seem to want to be the 1st to tell me so, too....funny as....... :thumbsup: & I am always concerned about Members & there cars.......we are all a sort of Brotherhood, together...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dexn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
Sorry to hear that Metalskin - really an eye opener for people to start installing some custom immobolisers eh ;-)

Not sure about the VS, but with the VR the coding's done in the BCM. I'm pretty confident a holden dealer could re-hash it though... or maybe it just needs something like being reset with a new coded key in the ignition? Sorry, not much help I know. Good luck with it though, and it'd be interesting to see what needs to happen.

Have you contacted a Holden dealer?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Safest way is to change all the locks (get them re coded at a locksmith)
replace the BCM & remote keys
if you just get new keys programmed to your BCM the keys that were stolen will still open the car.

Rob

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Metalskin welcome to the site. I am glad your car didnt get taken. Some people have no morals. Anyway have you checked out the WA section in the justcommodores club thread? If you get her all safe by feb maybe you could come on the cruise with us.

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
so can they alter my current locks so the thieved key nolonger physically works manualy or by pushin the button? im gonna call A1 locksmiths in a minute and enquire, hope it wont cost the world!! misplaced my ducati keys last year and a locksmith charged $450 bucks to come out and file a replacement key. a week later whilst putting shopping away in the freezer, guess what i found? a chilly key to the duke!! how i managed to put them in the freezer ill never know.
oh, and Mss Marz id be honoured to accept an invite to participate in a cruise. so nice of you to ask me, are you single by any chance? hey, no offence, no harm enquiring is there? yeeha!!

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
doh!! its like a public holiday. was wonderin why no-one was answerin their phones.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Would love to help but I am 3 hrs away from there as I am currntly serving in the country...... Did they manage to take anything else from your house apart from the keys.................

Stealing carkeys to get cars is obviously on the rise over the last few years due to Immob... You really do need to be careful were you leave the keys....

Anyway I am sure that your locals boys wil be able to hep if there is enough evidence left at the scene.....

Sounds like a nice car by the way.........