Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vacuum guage

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
I had one in my old car it's fairly easy to do just get a T piece that will suit your vacuum line and cut into it before the one way valve. If you aren't sure the closer the line is to your head (manifold I think it's called) the better.

Someone else will no doubt have better information on where to cut in but seeing as I don't know a whole lot about engines, that's what I did.

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
but did you find it was worth doing? i dont wanna get something to just look cool, i want it to do something worth while.

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
It operates as a reverse Boost gauge. If you want something that moves everytime you accelerate it's interesting to watch. It has it's proper uses but it all comes down to whether you would gain anything from having it.

Some others that can be useful are; Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, Fuel/Air Ratio the list goes on. Again it comes back to what you would like to know about your car.

I had the vacuum gauge on my old car just for something to do, I later integrated my laptop with the EMS and was able to view most everything via that. I haven't seen anything like this for the VY's yet though so holding my breath.