Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you install power windows on a VR Acclaim

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
hey, if anyone can assist me as to whether you can install power windows on a VR Acclaim, if it doesn't have them already. and if anyone knows if it can be done, what is the approximate cost? thanks.

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
hey dude, hows your day treatin ya? im quite certain that all model commodores VN and upwards are fitted with power steering including the horribly basic executive that came out with a front bench seat and column auto, yuk!
i changed the steering rack in my 73 HQ with power steer and it went in like magic, job worth doing as she felt like a brand new car.
score yourself a workshop manual too if your gonna be tinkering. ellery brand is heaps better than the clymer, i bought mine on ebay mate.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
um right, well... i was sorta talking about power windows, not steering. it's already got that.

PerceptionTwin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
'94 VR UTE
haha.. very funny metalskin

you can get power windows put into most cars... use search as there has been a few threads recently about the kits n what you need and how to install

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You can retro fit the power windows wiring harness from a vn/p and it uses a separate module to operate the power control and drivers window auto down....thats whay t I did to mine.
The vs window power window setup uses a body control module that supports it.
Most Vr's exects dont have the upgraded body control module so if you went to a vs bcm setup it means with the upgraded bcm new coding for the keyheads
All the door wiring and power window motor assemblies are the same through vn/p/r/s

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
Well it's an Acclaim, and when it was new, Holden gave buyers the option of power windows. So hopefully it's got the upgraded body control module. Would anyone know how much all the parts would cost (genuine new/used) for a self installation, and how much would it be for Holden to install them?