Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to use/do to make it perform better?

D

dexta182

I want to make my car run and perform better without spending tooo much money. Its running stock atm (apart from the CAI)

does air filters make a difference is running and power? I have a CAI but use the repco air filters, is their a better one to use?

Oil, does it make a difference as well? is so what’s good/bad?

Petrol, I use the high octane petrol and I think it makes a difference.
Spark plugs? SP leads? Water coolant?

Any input would be good.
Thanks

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well saying you want your car to run and perform better without spending to much money is a bit of a double untundra...
because you spend money and you get what you pay for...all those little things like leads and plugs wont make any real change.
a hi-flow air filter would be worth while with a cai setup...but once again you get what you pay for and the good ones aint cheap.
if you want some extra performance out of your car you should look into a new exhaust for some noticable power and torque increases.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Exhausts arent too expensive if you know where to look. I got a 2.5 inch full system with extractors for $570. I installed it myself, but its not too expensive.