Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Rear Disk Removal

N

Nathan 2951

G'day people, I've got an executive VR commodore sitting here and I need to get the rear left disk off. I have removed the calliper and also the hand break cable, there is no securing screw to be seen anywhere on the disk so in theory the damn thing should come straight off! but the bugger will not, also tried it on the rear right disk and the same problem. Anyone got any idea on this?

Thanks, Nathan.

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
pull twist and turn all at once. spray some crc around the rear hub/disc area as maybe stuck. you could also use a lever bar to help pry disc off carefully.

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Try wetting the area with a water spray bottle, an old trick but sometimes works with areas that you really don't want to get oil on.
Also a good rubber mallet, not to drive it off but to get it back square if it scews when pulling it off

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
yeah they r a bastard sometimes. just make sure the handbrake is off! cause the brake shoes are inside the hub for the handbrake. its probably worn a slight step into the inside of the hub. your gonna have to give the disk bash with the hammer. make sure you hit the disk evenly (2 hard hits one side, 2 hard hits the other) and you will find it will work its way loose. You wont break anything so long as you use a soft hammer (plastic or copper). It will be normal that you will swear 6 or 7 times!

N

Nathan 2951

Thanks for that, the hand break was off, that was one of the first thing i disconnected. the bugger was just being real stubborn and as was said took a fair few hits of that rubber mallet to get the bugger off.

Cheers, Nathan

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
use a harmonic balance puller