Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Wont Start!!!

tommo824

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr exec
Hi All, I have had this problem for the last 3-4 weeks and it is giving me the sh**s!! :ranting: When the engine gets hot (it also does this when cold at times) it cuts out and will not restart for at least 30min and has giving me code 49. I have replaced Crank Angle Sensor and Cam Angle sensor and DFI Module and i am still getting the same problem.. This time it gave me Code 46, i dont know what else to change and what to do.. P.S a new ecu was also put in but has not solved the problem.. Has this happend to anyone else??? Could it be the Fuel Pump??

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
can i recommend pulling the wiring harness off the DFI module and resizing all the terminals. i have previously seen them spread too wide and not contact with the DFI terminals correctly and because of this can make car hard to start and throw codes for crank sensor etc. get a pick and close gaps on terminals and then a 2.5 or 3mm drill bit will regap them correctly. you might also want to do the same with the ECU (behind L/H/F kick panel) check and regap terminals.
Code 46 - No Reference Signals While Cranking, so i reckon it will more than likely be DFI terminals.
hope this helps and i'd try it before replacing fuel pump as its free

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Code 49 - Cam / Crank Shaft Signal Intermittent

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hsvpgts "Code 46 - No Reference Signals While Cranking, so i reckon it will more than likely be DFI terminals." you meant 49 right?

tommo824

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr exec
Still No Luck

I had the fuel pump and filter replaced today and still cuts out while i am driving,
I have replaced and checked
-Fuel Pump
-Crank Angle sensor
-Cam angle sensor
-DFI Module
-Checkd wiring
-ECU ok
Coils ok
Is There anything else?
I have been to 4 mechanics and no one seems to know what is causing this problem

R

rooty

mmm sounds like the problem that i had with my vs i replaced the fuel pump all that stuff and happend again when it starts then cuts out then wont start for like half an hour is it like choking like tryint to get more fuel mine was a wire leadin to my fuel pump was doin the same thing would start sometimes but not others.....

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hm, who replaced the crank angel sensor and cam angel sensor, you can buy them dodgy, and if an unqualified person installed it they may have installed it rong

tommo824

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr exec
still cuts out

a mechanic has installed all the parts and they are all genuine holden parts!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:
this is the 3rd CAS i have put in thinking that it may be faulty

Lyoness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
how about a faulty memcal, replacing the ecu is one thing but if it's the actual memcal....

Just a thought anyway

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
tommo824 said:
a mechanic has installed all the parts and they are all genuine holden parts!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:
this is the 3rd CAS i have put in thinking that it may be faulty

Yeah but are you dealing with a qualified Holden mechanic ?

By the sounds of it you're being ripped off by being charged for something that doesn't fix your problem... from 4 incompetant mechanics

Why not book it in for a quote to fix the car at Holden ?