Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remove and reseal rear 1/4 window - How to ?

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
I've finally tracked down my leaking boot problem to the right hand rear 1/4 window but need some instruction on removing it..more to the point the interior trim behind it without breaking anything ! My factory manual says nothing about how to remove it....bugger !

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
what trimm do you mean?the parcel shelf?
as for gettin the 1/4 out they arent held in all that well in the first place,there might be a better way to do it...but you can get it out by "poping" it out with a flathead screwdriver

joyfam

Reaction score
The plastic interior is simply removed by pulling hard. Don't worry it is fairly durable and shouldn't break but it needs a fair pull to come off!! You will see how it is held on when you rip the thing off - then you can just unscrew the plastic screws holding the 1/4 window in place and push the window out.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You should take out the parcel shelf and so you have to take out the rear seat to make it easy to put the rear quarter trim back in properly so you can get to everything and line up all the holes.
Use windscreen sealer to seal it up but dont use too much just enough to do the job on top of the original seal .
When you take the trim out be care full to clear the heated rear window wire that sneaks out of it at the back

S

Stikaa

There is a way of doing it without having to take out the parcel shelf etc. As I had this problem with my VR and had someone repair it for $120 or something and he did it in about 20mins. Although I didnt get to watch him do it, I'd imagine it just pops out? Maybe the seal around the outside has to be removed first I dont know. But there must be an easy way round it. :unsure:

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
Thanks to all for replying...job is done and a complete success..no more boot leak !!! :w00t: The worst part was removing and refitting the the rear piller internal trim as its hard to disengage from the trim that runs along the top of the rear windscreen. Also took the time to repaint the faded rubber trim on the 1/4 window and it looks much better now. BTW I priced a new 1/4 window as it comes integral with the rubber trim...$250...cough so that's when I decided to bite the bullet and repaint it.

Tomboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Sedan.
Hi Can anyone out there tell me how the chrome is removed from around the rear quarter window.
Is it popped of the gutter with a screwdriver and then slid back and out or some such technique or what.
I am somewhat wary of damaging things unnecessarily,
cheers,Silvia.