Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto trans safety

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
After having the auto in my VS Stato rebuilt the auto guy offered some friendly advice that he said applies to holden auto's. When reversing it's best to come to a complete stop before changing into drive otherwise you're putting the momemtum and weight of your reversing car, in my case 1600 odd kg's onto the auto and things tend to break. A friend of my just had the auto in his 308 VH redone and the guy pretty much told him the same thing. I guess we can tend to be a bit lazy and do a bit of a roll back and drop it into drive but when it's starts costing money is when we start to be a bit more careful.

Personally I agree with the auto rebuilders, but if anyone's been told different then that's ok....

nathsvrbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Bt1 pack
im not having a go at u mate but isnt it just comon sense not to do that, go from reverse strait to drive still with momentum happening

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
when i come out of my drive way I'm still slowly rolling back when I go into drive. I don't think I ever come to a complete stop when coming out of my drivway it's just lazyness because I live on a hill.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
The problem with common sense is that it is not very common.

Mike

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
michaelw said:

Mike

lol my transmissions a bit sad coz of previous owners doing reverse to drive and spinning the wheels :mad: god i hate hoons :( of course i didnt find this out to the day after i bought the car and the son said "hey, thats my old car, used to do fishies on dirt roads doin 70 k/h and said he went threw a fair few sets of tyres that year :s ---purely somethign i didnt wonna hear !!!

(daddy sold the car for him)

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
michaelw said:

Mike

yeah why is that, but I guess I'll learn when I pay for it. you do only learn from your mistakes.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
you do learn from mistakes but i tend not (try not) to make mistakes, i use my brain and think before i do something :)

cars aint the hceapest thing to make mistakes on.... :whistling