Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the TPS cause this??

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
posted a few threads about my problem but havent got any real ideas on wats wrong with it.......

VS commie acclaim running duel fuel......

Runs perfect on gas!!!

Problem is on Petrol.....
sputters and hardly runs on idle except when u open the throttle..... runs to about 40km/h no probs but no power when the throttle is opened up! just acts like its gettin no fuel......

had the following done:

fuel pump replaced
fuel filters twice
injectors done some time ago
fuel pressure test done.. fuel pressure was too high (replaced fuel pressure regulator)

Now there may have been a chance that a previous mechanic had taken off the throttle body and may have played with the TPS (Throttle position sensor)

would the problems im describing be because of the TPS???

How can it be tested to see if it is out??

how do you get it back to factory??

B4 I fork out $$ to get a diagnostics done will the test show if the TPS is out or if it is a Computer problem??

Cheers in advance...... :unsure:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
why dont you check for error codes for free? goto the Howto Section, shows you how to clean throttle body etc, and tells you how to do a error code check.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
error code check comes up with all ok... Code 12,,,,

even after re-set......

we've got a auto elec down here who's got some smick equip and will definetly find the culprit but he charges $70.00hr....

just tyin to exhaust all possibilites b4 i get this done.....

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
you do no each code is displayed 3 times, 12,12,12,21,21,21 etc

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
yep.... sure do....

all i get is a continous code 12......

A

anotherstockvs

look mate ur problem is that is duel fuel and will neva run good on both, its the wat there designed just to piss u of, duel fuel is the worst thing, the gas fukd ups ya engine dosent lubricate the engine parts like it would on petrol, sum ppl rekon u can run it on gas for 2 weeks then change it over to petrol for a an hour and everything is ok, but thats not right gas f@cks up ya engine, reccomend get rid of shitty gas :p

A

anotherstockvs

had the following done:

fuel pump replaced
fuel filters twice
fuel pressure test done.. fuel pressure was too high (replaced fuel pressure regulator)

what was the high fuel pressure reading, if its like above 600kpa then u will need more then just a regluator cause u have a bad tank of fuel and that will mean u need the whole fuel system replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel rail, fuel regulator, fuel injectors, i mean if u have got a bad tank of fuel cause that wat it sounds like to me then u will need to drain tank and flush very good cause if the dirty fuel is sittin at the bottom of the tank its just gonna go striaght through the fuel system that u just replaced :p

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
I disagree i had a 350 chev 1 tonner running straight gas with a lukas lube system and it never missed a beat. If i didnt lose so much boot space i would do the same to my vt. Gas Is Great If You Lubracate!!!!! I personally belive it comes down to the mechanic you use.. i took the tonner to one guy and he f**ked it up twice in a row till i found Tech Tune in nerang GC and i had it for 2 yrs and it was perfect. So gas isnt always that bad you maybe just dont understand the workings of it. As for duel fuel, it can be done coz cabbies do it and like i said all comes down to the mechanic. Good luck with it.. stick with the gas tho :thumbsup:

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
anotherstockvs said:
had the following done:

fuel pump replaced
fuel filters twice

what was the high fuel pressure reading, if its like above 600kpa then u will need more then just a regluator cause u have a bad tank of fuel and that will mean u need the whole fuel system replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel rail, fuel regulator, fuel injectors, i mean if u have got a bad tank of fuel cause that wat it sounds like to me then u will need to drain tank and flush very good cause if the dirty fuel is sittin at the bottom of the tank its just gonna go striaght through the fuel system that u just replaced :p

pressure test came out to be like 20-30KPA over recommended...

when the pump was changed twice.. the tank was removed and the shitty stuff at the bottom was cleaned out!!!!!

it just feels too consistent to be a fuel quality / contamination issue..

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
anotherstockvs said:
look mate ur problem is that is duel fuel and will neva run good on both, its the wat there designed just to piss u of, duel fuel is the worst thing, the gas fukd ups ya engine dosent lubricate the engine parts like it would on petrol, sum ppl rekon u can run it on gas for 2 weeks then change it over to petrol for a an hour and everything is ok, but thats not right gas f@cks up ya engine, reccomend get rid of shitty gas :p

agree that Gas isnt the best **** for your engine..... but she has been converted when it came out of the factory and has been A ok for the past 10years (no problems).......