Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ebay chips

VS97II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive II
I can't see Commodore on their. Look dodge!

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy
I'd wager it is the ole resistor in the air flow meter trick, which has been discussed to death on this site with the consensus being it's a scam.

from the page "It will modify any standard ECU by telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition to compensate producing more power. In many cases fuel economy is increased too. Power is increased by up to 15BHP and torque is increased significantly.
It will be more responsive and you WILL LIKE IT"

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Nah mate. They do sell some good chips for holdens every now and again on ebay but expect to pay for it. But all this is, is a resistor in a box. It doesnt work. I could help you put the resistor in yourself and a resistor from dick smiths would cost you $0.02

The computer in your car mixes fuel based on the temperature of the air coming in. Different temperature air registers a different resistance. What they think they are doing is telling the computer that they have a low air temperature by fitting a set resistance. This is an absolute waste of time because Holden and every car company installed these temperature sensors for a reason. To give you the best fuel economy and a clean burning air to fuel mix. Telling your computer you have a lower temperature is going to make the computer make an inefficient mix of fuel to air. So the car wont run as clean and you will waste more fuel.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-HSV-1...ryZ72480QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one is for a V8. See when i tell you that you will pay for it. And even then I wouldnt bother.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
DeiCide said:
I bought one of these (V6 version) off the same seller,
I've noticed minimal improvments, and uses slightly more fuel than before.
I've had the Throttle body cleaned, I've got a CAI, and exhaust but all in all
chip does F' all. (Maybe helped out a bit with chirpies)

That guy is as shifty as, selling standard hsv parts as though they are special...
he has no tuning ability himself he just gets someone to copy them for him.
he may have been in the performance industry for 20 years but has no idea about efi, hes just in it to make a quick buck.
He truly believes the HSV SV3800 made 147 kw... all the literature i have ever seen states 132.
He sells VS series 3 & VT HSV 5.0l 195 kw memcals & refuses to listen when told there is a difference from VSIII to VT & also the 195kw engine has a different camshaft.
basically hes full of it...

Rob

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
why cant there be somehting good for lower amount of $$$ :(

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1