Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 16 - Coolant temperature Sensor voltage unstable ???

nathsvrbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Bt1 pack
hey anyone know wat exactly this means and how to fix it any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers
nath

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i had Throttle Position Sensor Voltage low, only way too fix is replace,

nathsvrbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Bt1 pack
thanx but i wanna kno bout the problem i have encounted i kno that ur saying i may have to buy a new part but i would like to kno exactly wat the go is

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
The Gregorys manual gives an excellent guide on testing the error code 16 on page 124. If you dont have a Gregorys manual I would be out to get one, its a good investment. I wont copy out the instructions due to copyright laws applied to this product but I will tell you this:

Code 16 is caused by a sharp variation in the signal from the coolant temp sensor. It is commonly caused by loose or damaged terminals at the ECU or faultly coolant sensor.

I would make sure that you have reset the error codes first though, to make sure it just wasnt a once off. Reset the codes and recheck them in a week, if there still there go through the instructions of the gregorys manual.

nathsvrbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Bt1 pack
thanx heeps mate i will invest in one

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
get this, the one day i left car unlocked (by accident) some one stole my gregories car manual!!!, so any way went to buy another, and they only had max elery, i find that book absolutly useless:( i wont gregories back :( i cant find were the coolant sensor is located, any body tell me were it is in a vr v6

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Have a look at the Genuine holden books. There is a lot more info in them than in the gregory's. Google computer outpost they have plenty.
Coolant sensor is on the manifold under the alternator.The one with 2 wires on it.