Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bearing noise V8

T

tollmeyer

Have a bearing noise coming from the power steering pump/air con area on my VR 5lt. When i put the aircon the noise drops down to an audioable level that isnt that bad but is still there.

Just changed over the power steering pump and checked it out tonight with belt off for the power steering pump and the noise was still there.

Would my theory that its a bearing to do with either the air con or the air con belt tension be close?
If i feel well enough in the next couple of days would it worth running it with all the belts off for about 15-20 secs just to confirm.
After doing that with the belts and say if the noise was still there with the belts off what would be the best fault finding path be?

Ahother question, two injectors are really ticking their head off and another isnt too far behind,(when i flick it over to LPG it stops), at roughly 250k on the clock what would be the best option here, clean them or simply just replace them?