Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exust system

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
hey eveyone
i just got a 96 vs series 2 with 210000
i would like to put a full exust system on it headers extractors an all that
has any one got any ideas on what brands what to get an how much it would be to install it all

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
well cat back your looking at about 400 installed

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Does your car have IRS, if it does, i have a genie exhaust setup out of a VR berlina, i bought the full system, headers to tip out of the wreck, its nearly brand new, it doesnt even have surface rust. I wasnt thinking when i said, yeah, ill have it and paid, seeing as i drive a VN, and dont have IRS, its no good to me unless i get it modified, if your willing to bolt it up yourself, PM me and make me an offer, and we will see where we go from there.

Cheers

ALFAMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Series 2
Research before you buy

HM Headers make stainless extractors to suit a twin system then you use 2 stock VN-VR cats or they have OEM style ones, then its a twin stainless 2.25" system
HM77TCSS Twin Cat Stainless Headers $520, HM83TS Twin Cat Dual System $898 you run the twin pipes down one side of the car, if you want them on either side of the car you need to shift the fuel tank over to the centre of the car (more expense)
Try the following websites for info.
http://www.carline.com.au/default.asp?pageid=home
http://www.lukey.com.au/default.asp?pageid=home
for headers/extractors pacemaker are a very good brand, http://www.pacemaker.com.au/aboutus.htm
either way you do it your looking at about $1100-00

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
I got extractors and a 2 1/2 inch system (hi tech or something) for $570. That was with trade discount, and I have to put it on myself, but you can get them pretty cheap if you know where to look.
I suppose installation would be around $150.

irws85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
places like carline mufflers usually are reasonably prices, if you know what your doing check out e-bay and install it yourself, also, its wise to invest in the high flow cat, yeah they are $400 approx, but no use getting a full system and going half assed, i mean yeah some people punch the standard cat out, but i would avoid that at all cost, especially considering your wanting to spend good money for it to go good and sound good, punching out cats will give it that really dusgusting VN tingy sound you hear getting around alot, ruins the note to the car!

irws85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
ummm well unless your looking at turbo charged, go 2.5 inch
as far as i know go 3inches with a standard 3.8L and you'll end up loosing power, not gaining, 3inch is for something running a bit more power otherwise you'll loose compression, well thats what i always thought anyway..... some engine's like it though